Men's pelvic health rehabilitation
Before and After Prostate Surgery
- Are you preparing to have your prostate removed?
- Have you had your prostate removed?
- Are you experiencing bladder leakage or urinary incontinence after prostate surgery?
The pelvic floor muscles have a role in controlling the bladder and flow of urine. Exercising them effectively can will help you regain bladder control earlier. This is best achieved before surgery, but can be started after surgery.
Your physiotherapy rehabilitation will involve the following:
- Identifying your pelvic floor muscles and how to correctly exercise them
- An individualised program specific to your needs
- A restorative exercise program to restore and build full body strength and movement